Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Walt Disney Company (NYSE:) stock was up 1.3% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (11:20 GMT) after it reported a strong third quarter, as studio entertainment revenue jumped 52% due to strong movie box office results.
• Gap (NYSE:) stock slumped 8.6% in premarket trade after news that its CEO Art Peck is leaving. The company also issued guidance for the full year late on Thursday that was 15% below consensus forecasts.
•Planet Fitness (NYSE:) stock rose 10.8% after it raised its outlook for the year and comparable sales rose 7.9% in the third quarter.
• Dropbox (NASDAQ:) stock inched up 0.2% after its earnings came in better than expected due to support from its desktop app and its Dropbox Spaces software.
• Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:) stock fell 1.9% after it forecast a tepid fourth quarter. Its earnings for the third quarter came in better than expected, due to growth in subscriptions in part from the relaunch of its classic World of Warcraft game.
• Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ:) stock inched up 0.8% after its results for the third quarter came in better than expected, but was held back as guidance for the holiday season was below expectations.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.