Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Ford Motor Company (NYSE:)stock gained 1.2% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) even after it said third-quarter sales in China fell 30%. Sales in China had already fallen 36% in the first quarter and 22% in the second quarter.
• Roku (NASDAQ:) stock jumped 7.4% after RBC upgraded the streaming device company, which stands to benefit from the proliferation of streaming packages hitting the market to challenge Netflix’s current supremacy.
• Oil companies were higher following reports on an Iranian oil tanker being set alight on early Friday. Exxon Mobil (NYSE:) rose 1.0% and Chevron (NYSE:) was up 1.2% while BP (NYSE:) gained 1.4%, despite announcing a $3 billion charge.
• Walmart (NYSE:) stock inched up 0.4% after news that U.S. stores chief Greg Fornan is leaving the retailer on January 31 to become CEO of Air New Zealand.
• Slack Technologies (NYSE:) stock surged 2.9% after it said its active daily users rose by 37% in September from a year ago.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.